Sunday, June 19, 2011

The way you love me

My God, my Savior. What an unworthy man I am. Always turning my back on you and working against your will. Never did I think I would be loved in such a way that you have given me. I once believed that love was just a fictional fairy tale. Something only achieved by those who lived in la-la land. Love to me was just a word expressed by man to get what they wanted. Nothing sincere about it at all. No real feelings or compassion. YOU however, have shown me different. Love is having compassion for the undeserving, mercy for the non accepting, passion for the unworthy. You have taken this broken, beat-down, shell of a man, and transformed me into a being of Love! Agape love that is. Without your love, I never would have put down the pills, the alcohol, or the blade that dark night. You shone your light of love in the darkest room of my life. Without your love, those trains wouldn't have stopped and I'd be crushed. Without your love, I'd have no life. Your love is all I will ever need in my life. And when I feel unworthy, you grab me up and remind me of your love. Thank you for showing me what love truly is. Now, let me love you the way you deserve, Jesus. Show me how to live entirely for you and not for myself. I want to give it ALL to you. Not just a portion, but the whole thing. Jesus, take my life. Call me, and I will go. I'm setting it all aside. I am completely yours. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment