Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Hard to believe 10 years ago to the day this nation was brought under attacks of terrorist in the name of religion. God bless the fallen, those who risked it all, and those who lost someone on that tragic day. I remember that day so clearly and wish I didn't.

It was a normal September day in my sixth grade class with Mr. Diamond. We were taking the ISTEP exam. Mr. Diamond asked me to take a note to Mrs. Fox in the office. When I got in there I looked on the T.V. she was watching and saw the Pentagon aflame. I asked what happened and she said nothing and to go back to class. Nothing? Really? I believe that is anything other than nothing. But, I understand why she would say that. Well, school went on like usual. There was no buzz of what was going on. So after school I went to the football practice field. No one was there. I headed back to the school to see why. Mrs. Fox said that all after school activities had been cancelled so everyone could spend time with their family. I was confused, but I just left it alone. I walked a few blocks to my grandma's house where I usually went after school. My grandpa had surprisingly already been off work and he and she were watching on the T.V. the news and what had all happen. I remember discussing with the family the possibility of war and what all this tragedy would bring about. I am sure many people remember plainly where they were and what they were doing that day. Don't be afraid to tell your story. My thoughts and prayers forever remain with the families of the victims of 9/11 God Bless America.

R.I.P. 343
















No comments:

Post a Comment